What We Believe
- THE BIBLE: We believe in the divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of the authority of the Holy Scriptures, (both old and new testaments), that the bible is infallible in its declaration, final in its authority in all matters of faith and conduct and sufficient in its provision and comprehensive in its sufficiency.
(II Tim. 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21)
- THE TRINITY: We believe that the Godhead eternal exists in three persons, father, son and Holy Ghost and that these three are one God.
- THE “CHURCH”: We believe that the “CHURCH” consists of all persons who have been regenerated by the Holy Ghost and made new creatures in Christ
- We believe in the sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- THE SAVIOUR: We believe in the universal sinfulness and guilt of all men since the fall of Adam and Eve, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation and that it is only through the vicarious and atoning sacrificial death (As our substitute and representative), the precious blood and the risen power of our Lord Jesus Christ (incarnate son of the living God), that all who believe can be saved from the penalty and power of sin. We also believe that the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross is both efficient and sufficient for salvation.
- We believe in the justification of the sinner by grace of God through faith alone.
- We believe in the deity, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, vicarious and atoning death and the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ form the dead through the power of the Holy Ghost and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- THE BAPTIZER: We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Baptizer in the Holy Ghost and that this baptism with the outward evidence of tongues speaking is promised to every believer.
(Acts 2:38-42, MARK 16:15)
- We believe in the presence and sanctifying power of the Holy Ghost in the work of regeneration as well as the indwelling and work of the Holy Ghost in the believer, which enables the believer to live a holy life.
- We believe in the one Holy universal church, which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- We believe in the unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ without respect of power and without discrimination on account of race, color, nation, social position or otherwise.
- THE HEALER: We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Healer of the Body and that all who walk in obedience to his will can claim divine healing.
- THE FRUIT: We believe that every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior should produce the nine fold fruit of His Spirit: Love, joy, peace, Long suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, Temperance. (Gal. 5:22)
- THE GIFTS: We believe that the “CHURCH” should claim and manifest the nine gifts of the Holy Ghost; word of wisdom; word of knowledge; faith, gifts of healing, gifts of discerning of spirits, diversities of tongues and interpretation of tongues.
- MINISTRY: We believe that God had given some Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ.
- THE ORDINANCES: We believe in the following :(I) partaking of bread and wine in memory of our Lord’s death .The Ordinance of the Lord’s Supper shall be observed by all believers and in this ordinance the bread and the fruit of the vine shall be symbolic of the body and blood of our Lord and shall never be adored or worshipped, (II) Baptism by immersion for believers in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- We believe in the laying on of hands, baptism with the Holy Ghost with outward evidence of tongues speaking and the anointing of the sick with oil.
- TITHES AND OFFERINGS: We believe in tithing and the giving of free will offering towards carrying out the aims and objectives of the Church.. We believe that God blesses a cheerful giver. (Mal. 3:10, Heb7:l-4,Luke. 6:38, Acts 20:35)
- DELIVERANCE: We believe that in addition to salvation a person who is tormented by an evil spirit e.g. of infirmity, curse, depression, failure can have such a yoke destroyed and broken through the anointing of the Holy Ghost.
(Isaiah 10:27, Lk.4:18-19).
- MARRIAGE: We believe that marriage is an institution established by God and that any believer may marry irrespective of his or her calling and gifts in the church provided it is so appointed them by God. We believe and affirm that the Holy Scriptures (both old and new testaments) are the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- NEXT LIFE: We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ to receive unto himself the Church and afterwards to set up his throne as king. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved (Resurrection of life) and the unsaved (Resurrection of Damnation) John 5:28-29, Dan. 12:2, Rom. 2:7. We believe in the eternal conscious bliss of all true believers in Christ and so the eternal conscious punishment of all Christ rejecters.